Even Older news Items
Various - 8/9/13
- Open Galas - The Gala Calendar for 2013/14 has been added to club calendar of events
page and to the Planned galas page. Schedule and qualifying times for the 2014 Essex
Age Group Championships have also been added.
- Club Records - Club records page information has been updated to include results
up to 3rd August. Congraulations to Brook Frost who broke the Women’s overall club
200m backstroke record while winning a silver medal at the National Age Group championships.
Also to Connor Harrold who broke his own Men’s record in the same event (200m back).
Various - 28/7/13
- Open Gala - The 100m I.M. event has been added to the BPSC Early Season Gala in September
revised entry files are available on the Open Galas page.
- Social Events - A Stubbers activity day has been scheduled on 14th September for
all swimmers aged 9 and over. Tickets are on sale from the club desk on a first
come, first served basis. Click here for details & medical form. Note the BBQ event
in July has been cancelled.
- Club Records - Updated overall and Age Group club records published. Congratulations
to Mason Hunnisett, Bethany Richardson, Masie West, Georgia Mills and Samantha Mullender
who each set new club Age Group records in the last month. See Club Records page.
- Splash Night - Times from the July club splash night are now available: Boys results
Girls results. Well done to all who took part.
- National Results - Watch out for BPSC medals news from the National Championships.
Various - 13/7/13
- Session change - Due to the end of season gala there will be no training on Sunday
Various - 6/7/13
- Open Galas - Results from last weekend’s Novice open gala are now available on the
Open Galas page. Many thanks to the people who helped with yet another smoothly
run event. Congratulations also to the swimmers who took part. Once again we maintain
the club’s excellent gala reputation! Details for the Early Season meet has also
been added to this page.
- Club AGM - A reminder that the BPSC Annual General Meeting will take place on Thursday
18th July at 7:30pm in the BSV creche. See Agenda and 2012 AGM Minutes . Nomination
period for committee vacancies have been extended.
- Club Records - These have been updated with times achieved up to 13th June. Congratulations
to Mason Hunnisett , Hannah Logan and Jessica Ford who all set new club Age Group
records in the latest update. See Club Records page.
Various - 15/6/13
- Open Gala - Accepted entries for the BPSC End of Season Meet have been posted on
the Open Galas page. An updated BPSC gala schedule has now been decided details
of which are on the same page. As part of this schedule we have had to move the
planned Autumn Meet from the 9/10tt Nov to the 19/20th October due to a clash
with the National Arena league.
Session Change - 5/6/13
- Club Age - The session on Thursday 6th June has changed due to continued problems
at Basildon Lower Academy. See Session Amendments page for details.
Various - 2/6/13
- Open Gala - Accepted entries and session information (incl. warm-up & start times)
is now available on the Open Galas page.
- Membership - A reminder that all membership fees for all swimming and Water Polo
members were due on 1st June. Individuals who have not paid this fee by 1st July
will not be permitted to participate in club sessions.
- AGM - Reminder that the club Annual General Meeting will be held on on Thursday 18th
July at 7.30pm in ‘The Creche’ at Basildon Sporting Village (ground floor). Anyone
wishing to stand for election for the committee or propose a change of rule (the
constitution) or a new resolution should forward these to Dawn Nicholls, Club Secretary
or hand in a sealed envelope addressed to Dawn by Thursday 20th June. All parents
of swimmers are encouraged to attend.
Various - 25/5/13
- Masters - News on Open Water training and other exciting plans. See Masters newsletter
- Session Changes - There is no swimming on bank holiday Monday (27th May). All Club
Age swimmers including new and current swimmers are invited to swim Wednesday am
session in the half term week only. Also, due to an ASA water polo event being held
at BSV this weekend, our Sunday Morning session will be in 25m mode.
- Essex League news - Congratulations to our Division One Essex League Team who rounded
off the Essex league season in style by winning the fourth gala of this year’s Essex
league competition and finishing in overall 2nd place. See Essex League Report for
- Club Records - The records have been updated for recent galas. See Club Records
page for details. Congratulations to Brooke Frost, Sonny Ford, Connor Harold, Bradley
Clarke and Harvey Brown who all broke overall records in April/May. With a three-way
tie for the club 50m Fly record watch out for the next time our BPSC swimmers compete
in this event!
Various - 11/5/13
- Newsletter - 31 pages of club news, information and photos! See the BPSC May Newsletter
- Insurance - Copies of the club’s insurance schedule for 2013/14 is available on the
- Quiz Night - To be held on 25th May, Mayflower Hall, Billericay. All proceeds towards
a Swim Camp in Malta. See Social Events page for details. Tickets are being sold
in advance and are available at the club desk.
- Membership - All swimmers are reminded that annual club membership is now due (required
by 1st June). Fees are: First Family Member £33. Subsequent family members: £33
(18 years+) or £16 (under 18 years).
Swimmers who have not paid this fee by 1st
July will not be permitted to swim. Fees can be paid at the club desk on Monday
or Friday evenings, or direct into the club bank account including as reference the
Swimmer’s surname, initials & the words ‘BPSC mem’.
- AGM - The club Annual General Meeting will be held on Thursday 18th July. Nominations
for committee roles or proposed resolutions should be sent to the club secretary
Various - 27/4/13
- Session Change - The location and time of Thursday evening session are changing for
the Club Age squad. Please see Session Amendments page for details.
- Results - The results file for April’s Redbridge meet is available on the Gala Results
Various - 13/4/13
- Squad info - Information on our training squads has been updated. See Academy squads
page and Masters & Aqua page. This include guidance on gala participation for Academy
- BPSC Open - The Sportsystems entry file for the BPSC ‘End of Season’ meet is now
available on the Open Galas page for other clubs use. ASA licence numbers now listed
for this gala and the Novice Open.
Various - 6/4/13
- Regionals - Updated the qualifying times sheet for 2013 East Region Youth and Age
Group (BAGCAT) Championships. This is available on the Planned Galas page.
- BPSC Novice Open - The Sportsystems entry file for the BPSC Novice Open is now available
on the Open Galas page for other clubs use.
Various - 1/4/13
- County Champs - Full Block C results from the 2013 Essex Age Group Championships
are published on the Gala Results page. After completion of Block C Basildon & Phoenix
SC finished in overall 5th place, continuing its year on year improvement with a
climb of two places versus last year. Over the whole of the 2013 championships the
club gained 67 medals (with 26 gold) compared to 41 medals (with 15 gold) last year
so well done to all the swimmers involved!
- Club records - The overall and age group-based club records have been updated with
times from the recent county blocks and other galas. No less than 20 new overall
club records were set in the last two months plus a whole multitude of age group
records! See Club Records page for details. Congratulations to Georgia Mills, Ellie
Pirrie & Brooke Frost who each broke overall female records and to Harvey Brown,
Bradley Clarke and Aidan Robinson who each broke male overall records.
Various - 28/3/13
League Galas - 17/3/13
- Essex League Champions - Congratulations to the BPSC team who won the Essex Swimming
League Division Four title last night. See Division Four Champions photo. More details
to follow. Our Division One team continue on their own campaign with their next
fixture on 27th April.
- Essex Mini League - Information and fixture dates for the 2013 Essex Mini League
are available on the Planned galas page as well as the Calendar of Events .
- DSE Nationals - A belated congratulations to our BPSC swimmers, Ciara Tappenden,
William Jones and Charlotte Hartin, who completed in the DSE Junior National championships.
Ciara won four gold and four silver medals and broke S15 category records in 50
& 100m Backstroke and 400m Free. William won three gold medals and three Silver
in the S14 category. Charlotte, who also competes in the S14 category, collected
two silvers and a bronze in her three events.
Various - 16/3/13
- Sessions changes - Reminder that special session arrangements apply on 22nd March
due to BSV pools being used for County Championships. See Session Amendments page.
- Academy Squad Contact - Collette Hunnisett is the new squad liaison contact for academy
coloured hats. Parents should not be going poolside to speak to coaches but find
Collette at the club desk on Mondays and Fridays, who will relay your questions and
messages to the coaches and can arrange a meeting if needed. For all squad contacts
and emails see Contact Us page.
- Help Needed - Volunteers to assist on the club desk on Monday and/or Friday are requested.
No previous experience required! If you may be available please approach someone
at the club desk or click here to email .
- County Championships - A link to results from Block B is available on the Gala Results
page. Further great performance in Block B with BPSC Gold medallists including Tyler
Berry, Ellie Pirrie, Brooke Frost, Harry Nicholls and Harvey Brown.
- Cancellation - No Sunday morning training on 10th March due to the Essex Mini league
gala and Essex Age Group Championships.
- Essex League Results - Good results from our Division One and Division Four teams
on 2nd March. The Division One team came second, just squeezing out Killerwhales
and our Division Four team came first placing them in a great position at the top
of the league with just one gala to go. Further details and times available on the
Gala Results page. See Essex Swimming League site for current league tables.
- Wavepower - The ASA Child Safeguarding Policy and Procedures manual has been updated
. A link to this is available on our Policies page. Also included is a link to
ChildPower a site for under 16’s where young swimmers can make their voice heard.
Here you can talk about anything that matters to you. A useful reference on this
site is the ASA Parent’s Guide to Twitter. This includes information on how to set
up and protect you and your child’s information.
- County Championships - A link to results from Block A is available on the Gala Results
page. Many congratulations are due but an especial mention for Harvey Jolly, Harvey
Brown and Brooke Frost who all came away with gold medals from this, the first weekend
of three. Thanks also to our volunteers and officials who helped run the event.
See Letter of Thanks from Tom Baster of the Essex ASA.
Note: Revised warm up times
for blocks B and C are on the Planned galas page.
- Open galas - details of the forthcoming BPSC Novice Open meet (level 4) and the
end of season Summer meet (level 3) have been added to the Open Galas page.
- Club Records - Club Overall and Age-group records have been updated to include galas
up to 3rd February. Congratulations to Bradley Clarke for improving the club overall
100m Breaststroke record!
- Gala Details - Various updates to the planned galas page including Essex Masters
event in May. Gala results posted for Killerwhales and Bishop Stortford galas, see
Gala Results. The club Calendar of Events is also updated.
- Session Changes - Amendments due to the Essex County Championships on Friday 22nd
Feb and Friday 22nd March are available on the Session Amendments page.
Gala Updates - 2/2/13
- Training Changes - Please see the following announcement on Training changes which
was sent out to the club mailing list earlier this week.
- Southend gala - This gala is a recommended alternative to the Norwich Open for non-regional
swimmers. See Planned Galas page.
- Essex league result - Congratulations to the division four team who came first once
again in the second gala of season. See Essex Swimming League website for the current
- Head Coach - News Article on arrival of Doug Campbell the new BPSC Head Coach.
- Open Galas - Dates for the Open galas planned to be run by the club in 2013 have
been posted to the Open galas page and Calendar of Events.
- Results - Results from all sessions of the 2012 club championships are available
on the Gala Results page. Also added are results from the Redbridge Open gala earlier
- Pool Docs - Normal Operating procedures and Emergency Action Plan documents for Corringham
have been added to the Policies page for poolside staff reference.
- Photos - Some updates have been made to the Poolside and Committee who’s who lists
to reflect the arrival of Doug and Shekh (Mo) Motin.
- SRS Clubshop - The club shop programme has been ended by SRS so we have removed
Various - 4/1/13
- Head Coach - We are pleased to announce that our new Head Coach, Doug Campbell, will
be taking up his role on 7th January. Can all swimmers who attend both Monday morning
and Monday evening sessions please attend their normal session with club polo shirts
(and tracksuits for those who have them) . We are hoping to take a number of photos.
- Club Records update - Alan Twine has kindly updated the club overall and age group
records to reflect times achieved in November and December (including BPSC Club Championships).
Congratulations to Aidan Robinson and Bradley Clarke who set new overall club records
in recent galas. See Club Records page.
- Gala Results - The results from session One and Two of the recent club championships
are available on the Gala Results page. Session Three will take place on Friday
- Essex League Dates: Fixture dates for both teams are listed on the Planned Galas
page. Next fixture is for the Division Four team on 26th January at Colchester Leisure
Christmas Schedule - 23/12/12
- South Woodham - Due to pool closure please note that there will be no session at
South Woodham pool on Thurs 27th December. Club Age group swimmers are invited to
attend the early morning session at BSV between 5.30-7am instead. For all Christmas
session details see session amendments page.
Various - 18/12/12
- Winter Open - Results file is published on the Open Galas page.
- Session change reminder for Wednesday 19th Dec. See session amendments page.
- Club Champs: Reminder that this event will be occurring in the evening on Friday
21st Dec. Warm-up at 5pm, start at 5:30pm. All other sessions are cancelled.
long distance events will be held on Saturday 22nd Dec with warm-up 6pm, start 6:30pm.
you forgot what events you entered the entry lists are available on the Planned Galas
- Fun Water Polo - After the club championships on 21st Dec (approx. 8 to 9pm) there
will be some fun water polo matches played across the pool. These will be split
into younger and older swimmers. All are welcome to have a go! If you can’t make
that, don’t forget there’s a beginners session open to all club swimmers every Tuesday
8-9pm at BSV. We also have a mini-polo section, Go Polo, for kids aged 8-12, which
trains at Brentwood School on Saturdays (more info at www.gopolo.co.uk).
- Redbridge gala - Accepted entries and warm-up times for the January gala have been
added. See Planned galas page.
Gala Details - 24/11/12
News - 18/11/12
- The BPSC November Newsletter is now available. 24 pages of news and useful information!
- A Who’s Who Gallery of poolside staff and committee volunteers is now published under
the About Us section. Print this off and you can play ‘Balcony Bingo’ and cross
them off as you spot them!
- Many thanks to all the volunteers who helped at splash night for the academy, aqua
train and development squads to gain experience and times for future swimming galas
BPSC Winter Open Gala updates
- Event schedule published with warm up times and accepted/rejected entry lists. See
Open Gala Page.
Gala update 15/11/12
- Killerwhales - Details of this level 1 gala in January have been added. See Planned
- BPSC Winter Open - Uncompressed entry file added for external entries.
- Waltham Forest - Accepted BPSC entries list for December gala have been added
Various - 10/11/12
- Club Champs: Reminder that entries are now being taken for the club championships
in December and January and are due by Tues 20th Nov. Details and entry form available
on the Planned Galas page. ALL club members (including coloured hat squads) are
encouraged to enter this event. Family spectators welcome!
- Splash Night - Parents briefing letter and Results file available.
- Session changes - Details of arrangements on Friday 23rd Nov added. Plus change
back to normal early morning session times on 24th & 31st Dec. See Session Amendments.
- Club Session Timetable: amended to reflect switch from Pitsea to Corringham and South
- Club Records: Last updates available on BPSC Club Records page.
- Redbridge gala: Entry details added. See Planned Galas page. Note that closing
date for club entries has changed to Friday 16th November.
- East Region QT’s: Qualifying Times for the 2013 East Region Youth and Age Group
Championships are now published on the Planned galas page.
- BPSC Winter Open: Club Entry pack for external entries updated with corrected Girls
50m Fly time.
Various - 5/11/12
- Christmas shutdown: Arrangements for sessions over the Christmas period are published
on the Session Amendments page.
- Fun Session: Monday 17th December will be a Christmas fun session. Swimmers should
attend at their normal squad times.
- Fri 9th Nov: Can all swimmers bring their Club Polo shirt on Friday 9th November.
There will be a photo for participants at the Redbridge and BPSC Autumn open galas
as well as the ‘swimmer of the month’ presentation. Also, will last month’s trophy
winners please return their trophies this week.
Pool Closure - 4/11/12
- Pitsea Pool Closure: Our apologies to those parents and swimmers who arrived at
Pitsea pool last Wednesday and discovered it was closed. This was as much a surprise
to the club as it was to you. Alternative arrangements have now been made to replace
all Pitsea sessions at other pool locations. See Session Amendments page for details.
- BPSC Autumn Open: Full results file is now available on the Open Gala page. Many
thanks to those parents and volunteers who assisted in running the this gala on 27
& 28th Oct .
A special congratulation to Ann Robinson, Tania Barbero and Nathan
Honeysett who passed their Judge Level 1 qualification and Andy Mullender who passed
his Judge 2S (Starter) qualification at the gala at the weekend.
in joining our officiating team (no previous swimming expertise required!) please
contact Jim Rourke the club officials coordinator - it beats sitting in the balcony!
- Additional Club Champs session: On Saturday December 22nd we will be holding an
extra Club Champs session for the 1500 F/S (boys 11+) and 800m F/S (girls 10+), this
will be held short course (25m pool) and the warm up will be at 6.30pm. Please use
the club champs entry form and hand in entries by 20/11/2012
- Waltham Forest gala - The club will not be attending the 800m/1500m long distance
events on Friday evening. The three individuals who entered these distances at this
gala will be automatically transferred to the equivalent club champs events on Sat
Session Update - 24/10
- Please note that Sunday Morning 6-8am training on 28/10/12 is cancelled due to the
club hosting an open gala over the weekend.
Various - 20/10
- Water Polo News: Congratulations to the Basildon & Phoenix Water Polo squad who
won the Summer London League Div 2 title this month with one fixture still to play.
The team have amassed an impressive total of 8 wins out of 9 games this season!
The club is also currently sitting 2nd in the Essex Water Polo league. See the
Water Polo site for further information.
- Calendar of Events updated.
- Club Records updated to include results of Redbridge gala.
Various - 11/10/12
- BPSC Autumn Open Gala: Warm-up times and confirmed entries list added. See Open
- Details added for BWFSC Open gala in December. See Planned Galas page.
- Swimmer of the month: The next 'swimmer of the month' trophy presentation will
be on Friday 12th October at 7pm, all squad swimmers please remember to bring your
club Polo shirt.
- Committee vacancies: There is a vacancy on the Committee and a new treasurer and
welfare Officer are urgently required (for after Christmas) or the club will not
be able to fulfill its role. Please let the club secretary Dawn Nicholls know if
you are interested in either role.
Redbridge & Stubbers Activity Day - 29/9/12
- Redbridge gala: Accepted entries and warm-up times added for Redbridge gala. See
Planned Galas page.
- Stubbers report: The club took 48 swimmers ranging from 9 years to 16 years on a
fun packed, thrilling day at Stubbers Adventure Centre. Five teams took part in
four different activities, comprising of banana boating, canoeing, archery and team
challenge. Each group was headed up by a team leader and throughout the day took
turns in competing in each event. See group photo opposite!
- Stubbers Photos: Photos from the Stubbers activity day are now available to purchase
from Nicola at the club desk on Friday evenings. 200 photos on a disk for only £1.
All proceeds going towards the club (social events).
- Head Coach: As members are aware we are seeking to support the ongoing growth of
the club with the addition of a new Head Coach - see Head Coach advert for details.
Various - 15/9/12
- Added 2013 Essex Age Group qualifying times, event schedule and latest Gala Calendar
to Planned Galas Page.
- Contact for volunteers (we always welcome more!) added to Contacts page.
Various - 15/8/12
- Updated Shutdown dates (see Session Amendments)
- Gala information - Added Club championship and Essex Winter championships details
on Planned Galas Page. Entry packs added to Open galas page.
- Club Records updated to 14th July.
- Added Squad Liaison contacts and emails. See Contacts Page. Updated session times.
- Mini League results file added for July Mini league and Mini-Olympians meet. See
Gala Results page.
- Fees Reminder: All members are required to update their standing orders to reflect
the new fees effective 1st September.
Various - 21/7/12
- New Gala added: Details of Hoddesdon gala added to planned galas page. Please note
entries close this Wednesday (25th). Apologies for the short notice.
- New session fees announcement: As announced at last week’s AGM the club swimming
and water polo fees are changing from 1st September. This includes a change to fixed
squad-based fees for several squads. All members are requested to check the announcement
and amend their standing orders. See new session fees document for details.
- Stubbers Fun Day: The club will be running an Adventure day at Stubbers Adventure
park for all swimmers on Sat 15th September. Tickets are £25 per child and are available
on a first come, first served basis from the club desk. Cost for this day has been
subsidised by the Jack Petchey Foundation.
- Various Updates- July
Posted latest Club Records data. Added links to GatewayFM and
VideoJug on useful links page. Added details of our latest Jack Petchey Award winners.
- Club Champs results - 11th July
Results for both Session One and Two have been posted
to the Club Championships page. Lots of great swims and 19 club championship records
- Gala Results - 26th June
Added results files for Killerwhales (Top visiting club trophy!)
and Black Lion galas. All available on the Gala Results page.
- Eastern Regional Results - 7th June
Link to 2009 East Region Age Group Championships
results added to Gala Results page. Congratulations to all our swimmers who are
competing at these championships.
- Club Championships
Details of the club championships (3rd and 10th July) are posted
on the special club championships page. Get your entries to Sue on the club desk
by Friday 12th!
- Family Funday
Details for this club event are available on the Social Events page.
Purchase your tickets in advance from Dawn Harris on the club desk on Friday evenings.
- Officials - 20th May
Congratulations to Dawn Harris, Jim Rourke, Lindsey Cooper, Linda
Mellor, Jon Byfield plus Sue and Andy Mullender who have all now officially qualified
as ASA Judge level 1’s. All you swimmers out there: be afraid, be very afraid....!
- Gala Updates - 25th & 27th April
Redbridge & Crawley Results on Gala Results page
plus replacement of Ipswich Summer sprints with Braintree gala and latest Gala calendar
on Planned Gala page.
- Results and Jack Petchey - 11th April
Added Results file from SOS Good Friday meet
on the Gala Results page. Also, added link to Jack Petchey Award presentation photo
on Jack Petchey page.
- Future Galas - 5th April
Added details of summer galas on Planned galas page. Overall
and Age group Club Records pages updated with County results. BAGCAT points explained
- see BAGCATs page.
- County results - 2nd April
See details of the great overall results achieved by Phoenix
swimmers in the 2009 Essex County Age Group championships on the Gala Results page.
Also added a link to the Basildon Sporting Village video on Useful Links page.
- Swim School updates - 29th March
Distance swim results from February and March are
available on the swimmers page. Also published is Teaching plan notice with background
on the NPTS as implemented at Phoenix.
- Basildon Sports Village News - 29th March
The project to build a new 50m pool in Glioucester
Park got planning approval last week. See Echo news article...and give the project
your support by posting a comment.
- Gala Calendar: Details of the club autumn gala programme has been added on the Planned
- Session change: The junior water polo session on Wednesday 25th July will be from
8.30pm - 9.30pm, the senior polo is cancelled (unless you hear otherwise).
- BPSC Open galas - Details posted for new galas in October and December. See Open
- Gala Results - Results file added for Harlow.
- Newsletter - Lots of information, news and photos are available in the latest club
- Annual General Meeting - Please note that the location for the club AGM on Tuesday
17th July has been changed to Pitsea Leisure Centre. Time remains 7.30 for 7.45pm.
All members and parents are invited. AGM Agenda
Temporary Session Changes
- There are a number of temporary evening session changes in July due to the Japanese
Olympic Swim Team using the pool at the Basildon Sporting Village. See Session
Amendment page for letters indicating changes by squad.
Harlow gala update
- Times, confirmed entries and other information added for the Harlow invitation meet
on 30th June. See Planned Galas page.
Water Polo Updates - 18/6
- Congratulations to the Basildon Water Polo team who won this year's East Region water
polo Under-14 summer cup with a clean sweep of victories at the Royal Hospital School
Pool near Ipswich on Saturday June 16. See Water Polo Report.
- II you ever fancied trying water polo, now here’s your chance. BPSC’s water polo
section has managed to secure some pool time for a new session on Tuesdays from 8-9pm
at BSV. The boys will be coached by BPSC’s Mike Chadwick, while the girls will be
coached by our very experienced Canadian coach, Monika Blazon.
The session is open
to swimmers of any age, and if you have any queries or questions, please contact
Dave Warriner on 07761 277 581 or email Dave at this link.
- AGM Notice. The club Annual General Meeting will be held on Tuesday 17th July at
Basildon Sporting Village - 7.30 for 7.45pm. See 2012 AGM notice for details also
Committee Nomination Form.
- Details added for Southend gala on 14th July. This replaces the Northampton gala
which was oversubscribed. See Planned galas page for details.
- Open gala photographs now available to view and order online. Link added to Open
- Novice Gala results posted. For BPSC club results see Gala Results page, for full
results see the Open galas page.
- East Region Open Water Championships entry form added. See Planned galas page.
- Club Kit Orders - Reminder that all club kit items can be ordered from the club desk
on Monday and Friday evenings. Print off the BPSC Club Kit order form, fill it out
and bring it to the club desk together with a cheque payable to BPSC.
- Jubilee weekend arrangements. See Session Amendments page for changes on 4th & 5th
League Team List
- Availability list for the Essex mini league gala is published on planned galas page
and on the club noticeboard. Please confirm whether you are available ASAP.
Misc Updates - 12th May
Gala Updates - 6th May
- Press Reports added for Essex County block C and Waltham Forest gala. Results file
added for Norwich gala. See Gala Results page.
News & Updates - 24th April
- There will be Parents' Quarterly Update meeting on Monday 30th April, from 7pm until
8pm at the Sporting Village. Please do come along.
- There is NO swimming on Monday 7th May - land training is STILL ON though.
- Summer Shut-Down - The club will be CLOSED for our Summer Break from Saturday 11th
August until Thursday 23rd August.
- There is no swimming on Monday 27th August (Bank Holiday) although Land Training
is still on.
- Gala details added for Northampton Long Course, session times and accepted entries
added for Thurrcok gala. Date added for East Regional Open water championship. See
Planned Galas page.
Updates - 14th April
- Waltham Forest Open gala results posted (see Gala results page)
- Details of Harlow Penguins meeting in June (see Planned Galas page)
- Club Records updated with latest times through to 1st April. New overall club records
set by Bradley Clarke, Georgia Mills, Michael Grace, Maisie West, Aidan Robinson
and Josh Inwood. Congratulations to all!
Gala updates - 5th April
- Black Lion accepted and rejected entries lists now available on Gala Results page.
- See Gala Results page also for results from Essex County Age Group championships
which completed with block C and saw overall Essex BAGCAT County Champion awards
for Brooke Frost and Harvey Brown, runner-up for Harry Nicholls plus event first
place performances for Harvey Jolly, Aidan Robinson, Harvey Brown and Brooke Frost
amongst many other medals and PB’s. Results files by swimmer for all blocks now
Academy Splash night (20th April 5-6pm)
- On Friday 20th April we will be giving all our Academy swimmers the chance to get
timed over 50m in all swimming strokes. See Academy News page for details.
Session Changes Reminder
- Due to the Essex Age Group championships arrangements for sessions on 30th March
and 1st April have changed. See Session Amendments for details.
Gala Updates - 27/3 & 28/3
- All BPSC entries were accepted for Waltham Forest gala. Please note that session
times have been adjusted. New times and accepted entries is available on Planned
- Entry details also added for East Region Youth & Disability Championships. You will
need to complete your swimmers entries onto a BPSC gala entry form then please hand
to either Ann Robinson or Amanda Clarke by the 1st April , so they can be sent off
and meet the deadline.
- Added estimated start times for BPSC Novice gala in May. See BPSC Open gala page.
- Added event results and swimmer’s times from Essex league gala in March and press
article from block B of the Essex Age Group championships. See gala results.
Various - 10/3
- Selection list and start times for March Mini-League gala added. See Planned Galas.
- Essex Block A: Congratulations to Brooke Frost, Harvey Brown and Aidan Robinson
from BPSC who all won gold in block A of Essex Age Group Championships. See Press
article with details of these and other great performances on Gala Results page.
- Details of Thurrock Regional qualifier gala added. See planned galas page.
- Congratulations to: Amy Shellito, Robin Hughes, Bradley Clarke, Markus Ketley, Matthew
Cahiil our February ‘Swimmers of the month’.
- Water Polo news: Four BPSC swimmers (Alec Humphries, Aidan Robinson, James Warman
and David Williams) were in the East region team which came a creditable second in
the recent Academy Boys inter-regional Water Polo tournament. See Match report for
Novice Gala Entries
Internal entries are now invited to our Novice Open gala in May
which represents a fantastic opportunity for all our younger/less experienced swimmers
to take part. Please see Planned Galas page for details.
Click on this BPSC Newsletter link for the latest news from our Swimming, Water Polo
and masters section as well as results from the Block A of the Essex Age Group Championship
and news of our new monthly award scheme. Don’t miss the members competition at
the end with a £15 prize!
Club Records - Latest updated version of the club records are now posted on the club
Swimming on TV!
For those of you interested...trials for the GB Olympic team are taking
place in the 2012 Olympic Aquatics centre between 3rd and 10th March. Coverage is
available on the BBC Red button most evenings with all the news on the BBC Swimming
Please see Gala - Results page for Northampton, Canvey and Redbridge Winter meet
League gala availability
Please click on the links below to see our Mini League and Essex League availability
lists. Yes or no replies to Claire asap.
Essex mini League 10th March 2012 - availability.
Essex league 17th March 2012 - availability
Session Changes during Essex Age Group Galas
Notice to all - please view the swimming session amendments page to see changes to
swimming sessions due to the Essex County Age Group championships.
All Squad members - look at planned galas page for lots of new galas coming up!!
Also, Fab photo and news clipping in this week’s Yellow Advertiser!! Click to veiw.
ASA Fees are now due!
Please visit the club desk to renew your swimmers ASA fees.
These fees are paid directly to the ASA and include your yearly insurance fees. ALL
swimmers must be insured. Cat 1 is £11.55 and Cat 2 is £28.35. If more convenient
payments can be made online directly to our a/c. Details available on the club noticeboard
or via the club treasurer. Please reference swimmers surname and initials plus ASA
Last date for payment is the 10th February, if you have not renewed by then, unfortunately
we will have to remove you from our list of permitted swimmers, as you will not be
Essex County Qualifiers 2012
Please look at our galas planned page for all the info you need for this years Counties.
Congratulations to all our swimmers who managed to qualify. If anyone is able to
help at any of the sessions please inform Ann Robinson. There are many various roles
we need to fill - raffle, poolside, marshalls etc and you will not miss your child’s
Redbridge gala final (!!) selected BPSC swimmers: Please check gala planned page
for the final selected Redbridge entries, there have been some amendments
So please check carefully.
Essex league final selection 14-1-2012: Please see our galas planned page
for the final team selection. If you are unable to attend please inform Claire ASAP.
SLM, the operators of Basildon Sporting Village, have agreed to sponsor us for an
initial three year period. We are expecting that this will be a long term partnership.
As part of the sponsorship deal we will display the ‘everyone ACTIVE’ logo on all
our club polo shirts. Most shirts have now been embroidered, if however you still
have shirts outstanding please bring to the club desk either Monday or Friday evenings.
If your shirt does not have a name embroidered on, please attach name with a safety
pin, we will then ensure both logo and name are stitched free of charge.
Important Notice Rejected gala entries:
Please ensure you view the scratched entries for our BPSC swimmers at the forthcoming
Redbridge gala. Due to an extremely large number of requested entries, Redgridge
have had to ‘scratch’ swimmers from every event. All Information is on our Galas
Please see BPSC Club Records page for new updated records.
Friday 23rd December - Fun Session - All swimmers!!!
There is NO Water Polo session on Friday 23rd December. There will be a 'Fun Session'
- (hopefully with the large inflatable) in the earlier sessions - please feel free
to come along to this instead. Thank you.
Essex County Championships 2012. All details are now on are Galas Planned page.
Updated QT’s now added for Counties, Regionals and National events. Please see top
of Galas Planned page.
Christmas shutdown details available on Christmas Sessions page.
BPSC Christmas Meal for all club members. 50 places available see link for full details.
Christmas meal details 8th December 2011
Please see BPSC Newsletter page for latest update of club news.
Essex League Division One Jan 2012 - Availability sheet is on our galas planned page.
Please check this availability list and confirm whether your swimmer is available
to Jon by return by Friday 16th December.
Redbridge winter meet 7th & 8th January 2012 - see galas planned page.
Thurrock Gala 5th Nov 2011 - details now on our Galas planned page.
Canvey Winter Gala 3rd & 4th December .Details now on our Galas Planned page.
Essex Winter Championship 25th/26th/27th November. Details on galas planned page.
Accepted entries now available for viewing on galas planned page.
Essex League Gala.
Team availability list for Division 1 gala 22nd October 2011. Please check this availability
list and confirm whether your swimmer is available to Jon by return. Final team selection
will be on the 7th October 2011.
- Thurrock Season Opener 8th & 9th October. Please see our Galas Planned page for full
- Mini-League 8th October Basildon Sporting Village. Details on Galas page.
- Redbridge Results now available on Gala results page.
- Club Champs - Final results now on our Gala - Results page.
- Essex League Gala
Team selection for Saturday’s Essex league gala is available. If
any swimmers on the original availability list who do not appear here but are now
available please let Jon know.
- Essex League Gala
The final Essex League Division Two round is to be held on 25th
June at Fulwell Cross pool Barkingside, please check the Team availability list and
confirm whether you are available to Jon by return. Final team selection will be
published on Friday.
- AGM Notice
The club AGM will be held on Thursday 14th July at Pitsea Leisure Centre
starting at 7.45pm. Those who intend to attend are asked to confirm this to Catherine
O'Doherty or Sarah Munro at the Club Desk on Monday or Friday nights so that we can
judge the likely numbers attending.
The club is always looking for new members to
help out with running the club. Anyone interested in helping out on the committee
please see the following:
As per para 9.3 of the club constitution, nominations for
committee members or notice of any resolution proposed to be moved at the AGM should
be emailed to the club secretary by Friday 17 June 2011. Alternatively they may be
handed in writing to any member of the existing committee by the same date.
nomination or resolution needs to be proposed and seconded by a paid up member of
the club. (Where the paid up member is below the age of 16, the paid up members
parent/guardian may assume this right)
- Bank Holiday closure
Please note that due to unavailability of the pool there will
be no sessions (morning or evening) on Monday 30th May.
- Essex League Selections & Gala info
Final selection lists for the two Essex League
galas on 21st May added on Planned galas page. Results for Redbridge and Bexley
added to Gala Results page.
- New Squad & Session Arrangements
Only a handful of days left before Gloucester Park
pool closes and we move to the new Basildon Sporting Village pool. If you are still
wondering what is happening see the attached letter!
- League & Open Galas
Results from the two recent Essex League galas have been posted
on the Gala Results page. Availability lists for the two Essex league galas on 21st
May are posted on the Planned galas page as are a number of new gala files.
- Essex & Junior (M11) league announcements
The team selection for the Essex league
Division Two gala on 2nd April has now been published. Also, please note that due
to fixture conflicts the club has decided NOT to compete in the Junior (M11) swimming
league this season so there will be no gala on Sunday 3rd April.
- Parents Meeting
A Meeting on session arrangements for the new pool have been arranged
for Tuesday 22nd March 8:30-9:30pm at Pitsea Leisure Centre (opposite the pool and
to the left). If you cannot attend don’t worry because letters will be sent out
following the meeting with squad and session details.
- Mini League
Congratulations to all the team who swum at the mini-league gala on the
12th March. The team came away with 1st place and there were lots of great performances.
- Essex League team, gala calendar & ASA fee reminder
Division One Team selection list
published for 19th March. Map Link added for Colchester Leisure World. Updated Gala
calendar available on Planned galas page. Reminder: Last opportunity to pay 2011
ASA fees will be at the club desk on on Friday 18th March.
- March Newsletter
A newsletter for March has now been published. If you have not received
one via email please check your email address is held correctly at the club desk.
- Club Kit Orders
The following BPSC items are now available to order: Polo Shirt, Tracksuit,
Hoodie and Backpack.
Please fill in a BPSC club kit order form and return with
payment to the club desk on Monday or Friday evening. Please note that Hoodies are
being made available as an additional kit item to the club tracksuit, not as an alternative.
- Bowling Night!
The club will be running a bowling night at Hollywood Bowl, Basildon
on 29th March from 18:30-20:00 (Ish). Cost £5 which includes a shared hot food platter
and pitcher of drinks. Both Adults and Children are invited, cost £5 per head. Please
return payment via cheque payable to BPSC in an envelope (together with the attendees
names) at the club desk on Monday or Friday evening.
- ASA Fees
Annual ASA membership fees for all swimmers are now due. Please ensure these
are paid at the club desk by end-Febuary to ensure you are able to continue to swim
- Essex League Availability
Availability lists for the Essex League Division One and
Two galas have been added to the Planned Galas page. Please check these and confirm
your availability ASAP.
- Planned galas updates
Updates to the planned galas list together with a map link to
the new Garon Park pool in Southend have been added to this page.
- BPSC Open Gala Results
These results are available on the Open Galas page. Many thanks
to all the volunteers and coaching staff who gave up their time to make this event
a great success!
- Essex League Team
After the fantastic 2nd place achieved by the Division One team
last week it’s time for the Division Two team to try their luck. Division Two Team
selection available here and on the Planned Galas Page.
- Session Cancelled - Sun 9th Jan (morning only)
Morning Training Session. Due to lack
of staff availability due to other galas, we have had to CANCEL the Sunday morning
session this week. Please accept our apologies for the late notice.
sessions will take place as normal.
- Essex league Teams
The team & confirmation of availability lists for the two Essex
league galas in January have now been published on the Planned galas page. Can you
please check for your swimmers name and confirm availability (or otherwise) to Jon
Pearse ASAP. Thanks.
The new Tracksuits are now available for collection. Unfortunately, due
to some confusion with the order, the tracksuit trousers have not been personalised.
Please accept our apologies for this. Could you therefore return your tracksuit
bottoms in the New Year (after the Ipswich/Cambridge galas if preferable) and they
will be returned to the embroidering company and your child’s initials will be embroidered
on the trousers. Unfortunately names are not possible due to the pocket being in
the way! Please pin a label to the sides of the tracksuit bottoms with your child's
initials on them and also clearly write their name on the tracksuit label itself.
- Guildford Gala report
Only one of three sessions went ahead at the Guildford LC Distance
meet but a small team of hardy swimmers did attend and see the Guildford gala report
for details of how they got on!
- Combined Fun session on Friday 17th Dec
Please note that all sessions on Friday evening
will be combined into a fun session at Gloucester Park pool. Swimmers who normally
attend the evening session at Wickford are invited to attend at Gloucester Park instead
(6-7pm recommended). Note this means there will be no session at Wickford that evening.
- Gala Results added
BPSC Results have now been posted for all galas in October, November
and December. These are available on the Gala Results page. Lots of great performance
here so happy reading!
- Session changes on Sunday 5th Dec
Due to the substantial numbers of swimmers and staff
attending galas (Canvey & Northampton) on Sunday 5th Dec the following two sessions
will be cancelled:
Morning session (6am – 8am); Afternoon Rookies session : 3.30pm
Note: Teaching/Academy (4.30pm – 5.30pm) & Water Polo (5.30pm onwards) –
will operate as NORMAL.
- Tracksuit orders
As from Friday 19th Nov we will be taking orders for new club tracksuits
which will be supplied in black with the orange club logo and the opportunity to
include the swimmers name on the jacket and trouser. Samples to try for size will
be available at the club desk at Gloucester Park pool on Friday and Monday evenings.
Orders will be taken at an introductory price (£40 Adult sizes, £35 child sizes)
for a limited period only. Please print off and hand in the tracksuit order form
with a cheque payable to BPSC.
- Novice Open Gala on 5th Feb
We are pleased to be able to announce that we will be
running our first Open gala on Saturday 5th February at Blackshots pool, Grays. This
open gala is targeted at swimmers who will not be competing in the Essex County Age
Group championships in February. Event qualifying times (Upper Limits) have been
set accordingly. BPSC Novice Open Gala Entry pack.
- January Gala Details
Added guidance on swimmers who should be attending the Cambridge
Open meet to Planned Galas page.
- Sessions on Sunday 7th Nov
As a large number of swimmers and staff are at the Romford
Town Swimming Club Open Meet, the following changes have been made to sessions on
Sunday 7th November.
6am – 8am: CANCELLED 3.30pm – 4.30pm: Rookies – CANCELLED
(4.30pm – 5.30pm) & Water Polo (5.30pm onwards) – will operate as NORMAL. Wickford
sessions will also be UNCHANGED.
- Gala Details
Cambridge and Ipswich information added.
- Gala Details & County Relays
Information for forthcoming galas together with confirmed
entries for Romford gala and County Relay selections have been added to the Planned
Galas page. Also included on the Gala Results page are the excellent results from
the recent Redbridge gala.
- Morning sessions update
Please be advised that Wednesday and Thursday morning training
sessions will continue at Gloucester Park until further notice.
- New club polo shirts
Club shirts in the new BPSC colour and logo are now available
to order. Orders placed before FRIDAY 15th OCTOBER will still only cost £12. For
those who collected a shirt for the Redbridge and Thurrock galas you can return these
to get the swimmers name added at no charge but these shirts must be returned to
the club desk by October 15th. Please WASH and IRON polo shirts before returning
them as this is a requirement for the embroidery. Please also write your child’s
name on the cloth label and pin a piece of paper onto the same label, with your child’s
first and second name, clearly printed. Please DO NOT pin anything into the polo
shirt as this may prevent it being embroidered!
- New Fees & Hat policy
Please note the new fee structure takes effect from 1st October.
Please remember to update your standing order!
All swimmers and parents are also
reminded that the wearing of a swimming hat during pool training sessions is compulsory.
- SGM Merger Result
We are pleased to be able to announce the the outcome of the Merger
SGM on 27th July was an overwhelming vote in favor of the creation of a new combined
club to be called “Basildon & Phoenix Swimming Club”.
Phoenix members voted 28 in
favour, 0 against; BDSC members voted 31 in favour 3 against.
The membership of
the two clubs will be combined into the new club effective 1st September. Following
this vote a committee was elected for the new club and the constitution formally
- SGM reminder - 24th June
All parents and club members over the age of 16 are requested
to attend the SGM on Tuesday 27th at 7:30 pm in the Upper Foyer of the Towngate Theatre
to vote on the creation of a new combined club with BDSC.
SGM Invite SGM Agenda
New club Constitution
- Galas Essex plus- 24th June
Dates and qualifying times for the Essex Age Group and
full championships have been added to the Planned Galas page as have details for
Redbridge and Thurrock galas. Results also posted for Braintree and Club Championships.
- Shutdown reminder - 17th June
As announced in the June newsletter the club summer
shutdown will be from 2nd August to 15th August inclusive. There will be no swim
or Land Training sessions during this period.
- Special General Meeting
Following further discussions with BDSC we have decided to
call a Special General Meeting to seek a final approval on the proposed combination
of the two clubs. This meeting will be held at 7:30pm on Tuesday 27th July in the
Upper Foyer of the Towngate Theatre, Basildon (note: not the Bowls Pavilion!). Should
the vote be in favour of establishing a new combined club then this meeting will
be followed by a General Meeting of the new club where a new management committee
will be elected. A nomination form for anyone wanting to join the prospective new
club committee is included in the invite.
SGM Invite SGM Agenda Constitution
- Sponsored Swim - 11th June
As mentioned in the newsletter this event will take place
at club night on Friday 25th June and will replace all normal training sessions.
Attached is a sponsorship form and event outline. Each swimmer will be allocated
a time slot for their swim. The session schedule indicating individual time slots
is now available.
- Various Updates - 9th June
Read the June club newsletter which includes recent gala
results, merger discussions update, club diary dates (including summer shutdown)
and lots more! Also, Club records (overall and age group) updated to 1st June on
the Club Records page. Added details of 2010 Club Championships - don’t forget to
get your entry in before 25th June
- Poster Competition - 8th June
Congratulations to Rebecca Asher who was the winner
of our anti-bulling poster competition. See her winning entry here.
- Gala Results added - 27th May
See Gala Results page for swimming results from Canvey
and Bracknell galas. Well done to all who competed and to Kathryn Pearse for securing
the ‘Top Girl’ trophy at Bracknell.
- Online Club Shop Launched - 12th May
The much awaited online Phoenix club shop has
arrived! This new facility will enable you to place online orders for items such
as swimwear direct with our supplier and have them delivered direct to your door.
If you use the link from this site delivery is free and you will still obtain commission
for our club (which helps to keep down our fees). We will of course, still continue
to stock and take orders for items at the club desk on Friday evenings but this gives
you the opportunity to shop from the comfort of your own armchair! Please click
on the button on the menu bar on the left of this page, or follow this Phoenix online
- Gala results - 2nd May
Posted gala results files for recent meets plus Essex league
gala on Gala Results page. Added Braintree gala entry details to Planned Galas page.
See the results where Phoenix brought the Essex League Division Two title back to
- Club Records - 22nd April
Updated Club records to include missing items from Block
C. See Club records page.
- Essex league Selection
The team list for the final Essex league gala has now been
published. See Planned galas page.
- Club Records Update - 5th April
Club records page and the age group records have been
updated to include galas up to 2010 County Block D.
- March Newsletter
The new March Newsletter has been published.
- Essex Lge Round 4 - 17th March
Availability list published for the final round of
this year’s Essex League competition on the Planned galas page. One last push at
the final gala for Phoenix to hold onto top position and the Division Two title!
- Special General Meeting
Invitations for a Special General Meeting of club members
(to be held on 20th April in the Pavillion at Gloucester Park Basildon) has been
sent out this week via eMail. If you have not yet received your invite please ask
for a copy at the club desk on Friday evening and check your listed email address
- New ASA website
The main ASA website address has changed to www.swimming.org. Main
links on this page and the Useful inks page has been changed accordingly. Some further
updates to specific documents will follow in later updates as I track down where
things have moved to!
- Club records Update - 28th Feb
Club Records (Overall and Age group) updated to reflect
galas through to 14th Feb. See Club Records page.
- Essex League Result - 28th Feb
Congratulations to all who swam in our Essex league
gala this weekend. Those of us spectating were getting worried at one stage but
it turned out to be another top performance as Phoenix came away with another first
place and consolidated their place at the top of the table.
Final Points: 1st Phoenix
241 pts, 2nd Braintree 217 pts, 3rd Hornchurch 185 pts, 4th Harwich 153 pts, 5th
Newham 147 pts.
- County Results - 19th Feb
Various gala results added including further Phoenix success
in Block B of the Essex county championships. Essex League team selection for round
3 published plus updates to the Gala calendar all on the Planned Galas page.
- Revised Block C and D schedule - 28th Jan
The revised schedule for Block C & D is
now available on the planned galas page. Also added Block A press report.
- Essex County Block A Results - 27th Jan
Lots of excellent results from the first weekend
of the 2010 Essex Age Group Championships. More than twenty Phoenix swimmers competed,
reaching a total of fourteen finals between them. See Gala Results page for more
- County Relay Selection - 18th Jan
Phoenix Relay teams for Block A published.
- Gala updates - 16th Jan
Various updates to planned galas page including details for
- Essex league Round 2 Gala Cancelled
The league gala on Saturday 9th Jan has been cancelled
due to adverse weather conditions.
- Misc Updates - 29th Dec
The team selected for Essex league round two is now available
on the Planned Galas page. December Newsletter added. Gala Results files posted
for Jingle Bells and Runnymede galas. Latest Club records (including Age Group)
- Swim School Update - 12th Dec
End of term assessments for our swim School members
are now available from Marcel (Wednesday) or the club desk (Friday). Congratualtions
to the many swimmers who have progressed onto the next stage. Swim School Report
- Dec 2009.
- Swimskills Photos - 4th Dec
Photos from the very successful Technique Day with top
GB coach Bill Furniss are now available in our club photo slideshow. If you have
some photos of your own from the day please drop the webmaster copies on CD or via
- Gala Results Added - 4th Dec
Results from the fantastic Essex League Round One gala
have been added (didn’t they do well!) as well as Phoenix results from the Ipswich
and Canvey Island open galas. See Gala Results page
The team availability list has
been posted for our next Essex league fixture which is on 9th Jan. Please indicate
your availability on the noticeboard or to Deb Mann by 18th Dec.
- Speed night and Club records- 16th Nov
Results from Swim School Speed Night held in
the half-term are now included on the Swimmers Page. Club records updated to include
changes from recent galas. See Club Records pages.
- Gala updates- 16th Nov
Information for the Watford gala added. Also, location for
the Jingle Bells gala has changed to Waterside Farm, Canvey Island together with
a spectator restriction. See Planned Galas page.
- Miscellaneous - 7th Nov
Added 2010 Regional Qualifying times and Essex League availability
list onto Planned galas page. Latest Phoenix Newsletter published.
- Plymouth Gala details - 31st Oct
Added details of the Plymouth gala on the Planned
galas page. Selected swimmers only.
- Jack Petchey Photo - 21st Oct
Three of our 2009 Jack Petchey Achievement Award winners
attended a Presentation evening at the Towngate Theatre, Basildon to receive medallions
to celebrate their achievements. Visit the Jack Petchey page to access the photo.
- Stubbers Photos - 17th Oct
It seems that much fun was had by our swimmers at the recent
Stubbers activity day. Our intrepid photographer was there and caught a few snaps.
Visit the Stubbers Photo Gallery to have a look!
- Essex Age Group Championships - 8th Oct
The dates and locations for the Essex Age
Group Championships have now been confirmed. See the Planned Galas page.
- Gala Results - 6th Oct
Results for the Braintree, Ipswich Novices (Sept) and Redbridge
Early Qualifier galas have now been added to the Gala Results page.
- National Results & Talent Selection
Congratulations to Kate Pearse who has been selected
for the ASA England regional Talent development squad. This fantastic achievement
followed Kate’s great performances at this years National Age Group Championships
(BAGCATs) where she made the finals in 3 events and finished 8th overall in her age
- Essex County - 8th Sept
The following Phoenix swimmers have bee selected to attend
Essex county training camps in 2009/10. Lewis Cooper, Patrick Rourke, Oliver Knight,
Finlay Munro, Harvey Brown, Michael Grace, Alex Drysdale, Molly Jerome. Well done
- Sporting Village News
See the Basildon Sporting Village plans video which includes
views of the fantastic 50m pool planned to open in April 2011. On-site work due
to start in October.
- Gala updates - 28th Aug
Added details for galas in October. See Planned Galas page.
Also included announcement of 2009 Club Champions on Club Champs page and updated
Maisie West selection of items for her Jack Petchey Award.
- Logbook sheets - 12th Aug
Added some additional logbook templates on the Swimmers
- Success in Open Water - 31st July
Congratulations to Lily Mann who competed in her
first ever Open Water competition in July and came away as Essex 12yr 800m Girls
Champion and 2nd place in Eastern Region - well done!
- Essex Lge team & Jingle Bell results - 30th Dec
The selected Team for our next Essex
League gala is on the Planned Gala page. Phoenix results from the December Jingle
Bells gala are also published on the Gala Results page.
- Various - 17th Dec
December Newsletter published, Thanet gala results added to Gala
Results page, see Jack Petchey page for latest Achievement award winners. Merry
- Gala Results & Availability - 6th Dec
Results files added for various galas including
Essex League Round 2 & Romford. Swimmers availability is now requested for Essex
league gala on 10th Jan. See availability list on the Planned Galas Page.
- Essex Championships Qualification change - 9th Nov
Please note that the qualification
rules for the 2009 Essex Age group Championships have now changed. Swimmers are
no longer required to have achieved their times at a licensed meet, although in the
event of over-subscription preference will be given based on licensed meet times.
See Essex Championship Qualification letter - Nov 08.
- Map Added - 9th Nov
Map link added for Bury St Edmunds Leisure Centre on Planned Galas
- BOSS Results - 9th Nov
Hot off the press! Phoenix results posted on the Gala Results
page. Top Club trophy won by Phoenix.
- 2009 East Region Times - 8th Nov
Qualifying Times for the 2009 East Region ASA Age
group Championships are posted on the Planned Galas page.
- 2009 Essex County Schedule - 6th Nov
The schedule of events for each gala of the 2009
Essex Age group championships has now been published and is posted on the Planned
- Galas (Essex Lge & BOSS) - 3rd Nov
Added Essex League Round 2 Phoenix Team selection
plus maps to Blackshots (BOSS gala) and Braintree Pool (Essex League) on Planned
- Galas - 14th Oct
Essex League availability list and map link to Waltham Forest Pool
& Track both added to the Planned galas page.
Results from Ipswich Novice, Round 1 Essex League and Canterbury galas added
on Gala Results page. Details for West Suffolk Long Distance added on Planned galas
- Family Fun Day - See report on Social Events page
Link to Canterbury gala map on Planned Galas page. Additional club contact
information on the contact us page. Latest purchases on the Jack Petchey page. Gala
Protocol document added to logbook material on the Swimmers Page.
- Gala & Social Event Updates
Gala details added for BOSS meet (& others) on Planned
Gala page. Family Fun day details added on Social Events page.
- New Training Log documents and 2008 National results
Copies of the new training logbook
documents are available on the Swimmers Page. Also added on the Gala Results page
are the excellent results for Phoenix’s own Kathryn Pearse in the 2008 ASA National
Age Group Championships.
- 2009 Essex County Qualifying Times
The qualifying times for full and county age group
championships have been published and are available on the Planned Gala page. Also
link has been added to the new Essex Swimming League website. Club championship
records added to the Club Champs page. Ipswich Summer sprint gala results added.
- Olympic Swimming News
Check out the BBC Olympic Swimming news site. Link is also
available in the Quick links section of this page.
- Club Fun Day & BBQ
This event has been booked for Sunday 21st September, make a note
in your diary now!
- Club Championships - 5th July
Results from sessions 1 and 2 are now available on
the 2008 Club championships page. Eastern Regional Championship results also published
(Youth & BAGCAT).
- Killerwhales Results - 25th June
Phoenix Results from the Killerwhales level 4 licensed
gala are available on the Gala Results page. Details of September gala at Ipswich
available on the Planned Galas page and the June Newsletter published.
- Sudbury Results - 8th June
A whole series of excellent Phoenix results from this gala.
See the results on the Gala Results Page.
- Black Lion Results - 4th June
Phoenix Results from this level 2 licensed gala are
available on the Gala Results page.
- Miscellaneous - 23rd May & 3rd June
Link to Sudbury & Black Lion maps added on planned
gala page plus new Jack Petchey photo. Please also make a note of the date for the
Club Annual General Meeting (AGM) which will be held on 10th July 2008.
- 2008 Club Champs
Details of the 2008 club championships (July 4th & 5th) are available
on the Club Champs page.
- Essex selection - 15th May
Congratulations to Michael Grace who has been selected
to represent Essex at the forthcoming Regional InterCounties Gala.
- Teacher/Coach Qualifications - 15th May
Big congratulations to Henry Wood and Marc
Butcher who have both recently passed ASA/UKCC Level One qualifications. Henry has
passed in Teaching Aquatics, and Marc in Coaching Swimming. These qualifications
involved both classroom training and practical work so please congratulate them for
- Adventure Island ticket offer - 9th May
We are now taking orders for discounted wristbands
to Adventure Island fun park in Southend. These are available at around half normal
price (£11-Big, £7.50 Junior) and profits from this offer will go towards the October
2008 swim training camp. See Debbie or Linda Mellor at the desk for details.
- May Newsletter
See the latest club news including County results and the latest Jack
Petchey award winner. Newsletter Link
- Jack Petchey Page - 8th May
New Jack Petchey page created with material moved from
Swimmers Page. See announcement of our latest winner and submit your nominations
for the next Youth and Leader awards!
- Ipswich Gala posted - 28th April
Details and entry forms for this gala is available
on the Planned Galas page. Entries required by Friday 9th May.
- Redbridge Gala - 28th April
Nice to see such a big turnout at this gala with over
30 swimmers from Phoenix. Results sheet now available on the Gala results page.
- Crawley Oversubscribed - 4th April
We have received notification that over 2/3rds
of the entries for the Crawley gala have been rejected due to it being massively
oversubscribed. Phoenix entries were similarly affected. See Jon for details or
check the Crawley SC website.
- Essex League Selection - 2nd April
The team list and a map for Saturday’s gala is
available on the Planned Galas page. Please note the location for this gala is now
Rochford’s pool (Clements Hall) and warm-up starts at 6:30pm.
- Essex County Block ‘D’ Results - 31st March
More medals for Phoenix at the last set
of County Age Group Championships, including one more County title and a national
qualifying time for Kathryn Pearse! Congratulations go to Kathryn, Sidney, Michael
and all the other competitors at this weekend’s events. See Gala Results page for
- Support the Basildon Sporting Village - 15th March
The outline planning application
for the Basildon Sporting Village goes for approval in April. This initiative will
deliver a 50m pool and improved facilities for our club. Please help by submitting
your supporting comments via this link now!
- Link to archive of 2007 Phoenix SC (Basildon) news items